You've just been booked for an appointment on Hux! You're excited, nervous, and ready to prove you're a great provider!
We recommend the following steps to ensure the customer feels comfortable with their choice, and to help you become a great Hux cleaner:
Contact the customer
We highly recommend contacting the customer and introducing yourself. Not only does it give you an idea of what to expect, you can manage expectations with the customer.
- Simply introduce yourself
- Confirm what they should expect (type of clean, what it includes, etc.)
- Ask for additional instructions (priority areas, pets, etc.)
- Set expectations (ETA, parking fees, etc.)
You can find the customer's phone number in the appointments view (see below).
You can easily create templates for texts, or call the customer to accomplish this.
Scope Travel Time
One of the most important aspects of providing a great experience is punctuality. A customer has booked you for a certain time, based on their convenience and your availability. By showing up late, not only are you inconveniencing the customer, you are increasing the risk of a negative review, which affects your rebooking rate.
Follow the recommendations below to make sure you arrive on time:
- Make sure you check the distance between your client's home and your location
- Expect traffic, and allow yourself a buffer time (be realistic)
- Need gas? Make sure you give yourself enough time to comfortably stop for gas
- Parking? If the customer has indicated street parking, don't assume you'll find an open spot in five minutes (again, be realistic)
You can find the customer's address in the appointments view, below the phone number (see below).
If for some uncontrollable reason you are running late, we encourage you to please do the following:
- Be courteous, and inform your customer you are running late
- Be honest about your ETA
- Reassure them you will be able to finish the cleaning
- In the event you are late, and were not able to finish the cleaning, offer a discount/refund to the customer and notify Hux Support to apply it
We recommend using Google Maps or Waze for your navigation needs.
Always make sure your supply levels are maintained properly. Customers expect you to bring everything you may need to complete the booked appointment.
Need a list of our recommended supplies? Check out the following article: Recommended Supplies
In the event your vacuum breaks down, kindly ask the customer to use theirs. If they decline, offer a discount/refund to the customer and notify Hux Support to apply it
Once at the customer's home, do you think the oven needs additional attention? Ask the customer if they would like to add that onto their booking details for an additional cost. If they agree, reach out to Hux Support so they can add it onto the appointment.
For your reference, here are the list of extras Hux offers:
- Eco-Friendly - Environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Fridge - All items removed and replaced to clean shelves, drawers and top of fridge.
- Door Knobs/Wall Plates - Clean door knobs and light switch plates.
- Inside Oven - Inside, rack and window cleaned.
- Inside Windows - All window glass, sills and frames cleaned.
- Baseboards - Remove dust and dirt, wash baseboards, and wipe away grime.
- Laundry Wash/Dry Loads - Wash, dry and fold or hang each load of laundry.
- Ironing/Hanging - Iron and hang each item. Customer responsible for iron and board.
- Organize closet - Hang and organize clothes, organize shoes, collect loose trash and vacuum closet floor.
NOTE: Since extras add additional time to your appointment, make sure you can accommodate the upgrade (no appointments immediately after the current).